Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pinterest Trial #174 - The Girl in the Milk Mask


Skepticism would not rank as one of my top three strongest personality traits.  In fact, most of my family and friends would probably bemoan the prevailing naivete that I seem to carry around.  Despite what they may think, I do apply a healthy dose of skepticism to life, especially when it comes to Pinterest and other home remedy/DIY solution blogs. 

I mean, are you sure that chic got her long flowing locks by washing it in apple cider and raw egg?  Does applying a cold compact of horse manure and Himalayan pink salt to your feet really cure your callouses?  Did that mom really make that Monsters Inc birthday cake, or did she sashay down the street and buy it at Costco? 

As I was frolicking through photos of bridesmaid dresses, boot socks, travel décor and 37 ways to use a cake mix, I found this one… "How-To Pore Strips" by Petit Elefant.  I have always found pore strips intriguing, fondly associating them with The Princess Diaries and Anne Hathaway.  Tonight I stayed in watching "Say Yes to the Dress" with the parents instead of indulging in my usual party habits.  (Ha)  I seized the day and the ingredients and got to work.

Here, for you, dear readers, is the process and result of my testing… 
You can see the original here.  http://petitelefant.com/how-to-pore-strips/

What you need:


 

Milk
Unflavored gelatin (I don't think you want Red 47 going in your pores…)
Bowl
Spoon
Microwave



Mix a tablespoon of gelatin with about 2 tablespoons of milk.  It'll just look kind of gloppy. 
Microwave it for 10-15 seconds.


Spread on your face using your hands, a popsicle stick, whatever you have lying around.
*Note, stay away from eyes and eyebrows - it's painful later if you don't… oops.


Let it dry for about 15 minutes.  Your face will start to feel tight.
Start peeling.  Wash off anything that doesn't get peeled off. 



Hellooooo new, clean skin!  In this case, the claims were authentic.  This concoction does really work, and is miles cheaper (and easier) than dragging yourself to Walgreens, forking over $15 and just doing the bridge of your nose. 

At your service,

Little Miss Sunshine

PS.  If there's ever anything you'd like aired, attempted on ilovemornings, just let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment