Friday, June 3, 2011

WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING?!

Tomorrow is the day.  Tomorrow I will stride down that gangplank, onto a giant airborne bus that is going to take me to North Africa, with a couple stops in between.  I'll be partnering with a team from the US and the department of education to put on workshops for kindergarten teachers.  There will be scarves and spices and Arabic flying everywhere. 

Now, generally speaking, Little Miss Sunshine is pretty agressive about trying new things.  Escargot?  Let me at it!  Galloping a horse across a pasture?  Sure!  Flying halfway around the world to practice what I've just spent four years in college learning?  Absolutely? 

Confession: I'm a liiiiittle scared!  I've never even flown overseas.  I've never navigated international airports or hailed foreign taxis.  I've never actually taught a teacher how to teach.  What the heck am I doing?!

Then I got to thinking... hasn't life always happened like this?  How is this any different from that adrenaline pumping knot in your stomach that I got when Dad took off my training wheels or when the big green suburban drove away taking my whole family with it, leaving me at college a thousand miles from home?  If God's grace is sufficient for Paul to make it through his traveling adventures, then by golly it's sufficient enough for me. 

I covet your prayers as I stride onto that airplane tomorrow (with completely fake confidence).  Pray for smooth travel and discipline to put on spiritual armor every day.  Pray for unity within our team.  Pray for open hearts for the people we will meet.  Maybe you should pray that somehow I remember to turn my volume down.  I hear the rest of the world isn't quite as loud as the US.

Much love,

Little Miss Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment