Saturday, October 15, 2011

Just a Little Aussie Update

Hello, dear friends and relatives,
I'm still in Australia.

I'm still working at a Mexican restaurant where people say, "Can I get a kwesuh..., kwesuh..., kwesadilla?"  I still like it.  I've started a jar where my tips go.  I still haven't decided what I should spend them on... Great Barrier Reef?  Afternoon coffee?  Horse rentals at the beach?  Christmas presents?  Stocks and bonds?  Give me your best ideas.  SG got a job at a French restaurant, the kind where you have more forks than food, and a particular angle of nose is required.  I'm hoping she'll make something fancy and French for dinner soon, but not foie gras.  Giving liver a fancy name does not turn it into something else.

This afternoon I started work on a project.  For my grad school class, we have to write a devotional for a family to do together.  I think I'm going to have them work through Philippians.  Our class has to follow a strict format based on devos the professor has written.  I'm sure it works, but it's kind of cramping my style. 

Tomorrow is Sunday.  Sunday means dressing up and hanging out with our old friends and Bible stories at Sunday school.  Tomorrow I'm telling the story.  I'm a little concerned about the ten minute time "guideline".  It's the story of the wedding feast from Matthew 22.  Party it up!



Need to catch some dinner before work!

Little Miss Sunshine


No comments:

Post a Comment