Sunday, December 11, 2011

Spilling Things


I'm afraid I'm making a mess again, dripping everywhere. Sorry. It's like a combo deal of "my heart is overflowing with a good theme", "measure for measure it shall be given to you, pressed down, shaken together, overflowing", and "you anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows". 
Ps. 45; Luke 6; Ps. 23)

Things my heart is overflowing and spilling all over with…

1. Our last Sunday at church until we come back after Christmas. So many kisses, we'll miss yous, and we're praying for yous. These people are incredible. They already have so much of my heart and we've only been here 4 months.

2. Messy Church Christmas - our family/community Christmas extravaganza with crafts, music, story and dinner. So many of our church family came to help and brought food for the dinner. I got to talk with one of the moms about the Sunday family worship and she sounded interested, AND they have a huge garden, AND they don't live far from us.

3. People at work. Sure, sometimes the people I work with can be annoying, but for the most part, they're great. The cook's comment tonight - Wow, since you don't drink, you must feel great all the time. You're never hung over. And my conversation with Lachy in the bar. He said he thought I'd make a really good teacher. No matter how much I want to be a teacher, sometimes I doubt my ability to ever be a good one. It's affirming to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks being a teacher is a good idea.

4. Presents. A blue planner and HANDKERCHIEF from Margaret. I've never had a hankie before and everyone uses them here… well, older people. A pink and white pearl cuff from Ilma, who'll be 94 in Feb. She's a fireball. Christmas cards wishing us safe travels and quick returns. It's like they love us or something. I wish I could bottle it up and save it for later, as it's spilling all over the carpet and bedspread in its current state.

5. Beautiful summer nights. Cicadas are chirping, the aggies are blooming, and occasionally you catch a whiff of summery watermelon smells on the breeze.

6. A God who never fails. With all this planning and running around, you can lose sight of the forest for the trees. Even among the checklists and coordinating, God is working.

7. Thoughts of home. In four days, plus a few confusing time zone changes, I'll be home. It will be cold, like it's supposed to be at Christmas, and there will be lights and fudge and tacos.


There, I tried to sop up all the overflowing and pour it into a post for you.

Much love,

Little Miss Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment